Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins


Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When her sister is chosen by lottery, Katniss steps up to go in her place. 

 
I was skeptical, for real. Someone told me to read this series b/c if I liked Twilight I'd like these books....ummm....I saw NOTHING similar in the two series but once I cracked this first book open I couldn't stop! The drama, intrigue, romance keeps you glued to these pages.


 

I hate when I haven't read a first book & I accidentally read the synopsis of the next book & it tells me what happened in the first book!!! So, I will just say, YES! Each book gets better & better! This book has a whole different kind of drama & intrigue but it's still just as exciting!



The last book to me was still amazing, however it was the hardest to read for several reasons. First of all, I honestly hated that the series would be over once I finished this one. Second, this book made me angry for most of it, so therefore it was hard to get through just b/c I wanted to throw it across the room. I was angry on several different levels for several different reasons. I won't go into detail though so I don't give anything away!


DEFINITE MUST READ.......
1st Movie due out March 23, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment